Apricot and Almond Tart
This elegant apricot and almond tart is beautiful both in taste and presentation.
Sweet Pastry Dough:
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup butter, chilled and cut into pieces
1 large egg
1 (4-ounce) can almond paste
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 (16-ounce) cans apricot halves in heavy syrup, drained
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1/2 cup Apricot KERNS® from LIBBY'S Refrigerated All Nectar
1 tablespoon dark rum, or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175°C).
- Sweet Pastry Dough (*Note: Ready-made pastry dough may be substituted.): Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in bowl of food processor, pulsing several times to mix. Add butter; pulse until mixture is very finely powdered. Add egg and pulse just until dough forms a ball. Remove dough. Form into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Almond Filling: In mixer bowl combine almond paste, sugar, egg yolk and zest. Beat until smooth. Add butter. Scrape bowl and beaters; beat in whole egg. Continue beating until light and fluffy. Stir in flour.
- Apricot Topping: On floured surface, roll dough to 12-inch diameter; transfer to 10-inch tart pan. Spread filling evenly over dough. Slash each apricot half 3 or 4 times through blossom end, and arrange on filling, cut side up, and in concentric rows. Place a piece of sliced almond onto each apricot half.
- Bake 40 minutes or until crust and filling are baked through, and apricots are colored at tips. Cool on a rack.
- Glaze: Combine preserves, nectar and rum in a small pan and bring to a boil over low heat, stirring frequently. Strain into another pan; simmer until slightly thickened. Brush hot glaze over cooled tart.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.