A scrumptious, brandied apricot and creme rice pudding dessert.
1 1/2 cups dried apricots, diced and cooked
2/3 cup granulated sugar - divided use
1/4 cup apricot brandy
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups milk - divided use
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup water
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine apricots, 1/3 cup sugar and brandy. Marinate about 1 hour.
- Cook rice, 1 1/2 cups milk and 1/3 cup sugar until thick and creamy.
- Soften gelatin in water; stir into hot rice.
- Blend eggs with remaining 1/2 cup milk; add salt. Stir into rice; cook over low heat, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes. Cool.
- Fold in whipped cream, apricots and marinade. Spoon into dessert dishes. Top with nuts.
Makes 9 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.