Banana Rice Custard
Lemon-scented baked banana rice custard, garnished with fresh banana slices and whipped cream.
3 medium bananas, fully ripened
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 cups cooked rice
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 cups milk
Nutmeg, sliced bananas and whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Mash bananas with fork; stir in lemon juice. Blend with rice in 2-quart baking dish.
- Beat eggs; add salt, sugar, lemon peel and milk; stir into banana-rice mixture. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place baking dish in larger pan; half-filled with hot water.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F (160°F) oven for 1 hour.
- Chill thoroughly, at least four hours, before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream and sliced bananas for garnish, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.