Black Forest Cheesecake
A splendid Amaretto and cherry-flavored cheesecake in a cocoa-infused graham cracker crust with a chocolate sour cream topping.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
4 ounces (2/3 cup) semisweet chocolate, melted
1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cocoa powder and butter. Mix well. Press into bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in Amaretto and cherry juice until well blended.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake 1 hour. Turn oven off, and let stand in oven
with door ajar at least 1 hour. Remove from oven to wire rack. Cool about 1 hour, or until room temperature.
- Combine melted chocolate and sour cream. Spread evenly over top of cooled cheesecake. Chill overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
Makes 12 servings.