Cappuccino Cheesecake with Fudge Sauce
Espresso-flavored coffeecake with a chocolate wafer crumb crust, served in a puddle of fudge sauce.
1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 50 cookies)
3 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
2 tablespoons instant espresso or 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups hot fudge topping - divided use
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; firmly press mixture into bottom of 9-inch greased springform pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 10 minutes; cool on wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place 1 cup sugar, flour, and cheese in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth. Add eggs and egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add espresso, vanilla, and cinnamon; beat well.
- Pour cheese mixture into prepared crust; spoon 4 mounds of fudge topping (2 tablespoons each) onto cheese mixture; swirl mixtures together, using a knife.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450°F (230°C) for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°F (120°C) do not remove cheesecake from oven; bake an additional 1 hour or until almost set. Remove cheesecake from oven, and cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon fudge topping onto each of 16 plates; top each with 1 cheesecake wedge.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.