A generous splash of Amaretto adds a festive note to this chocolaty cheesecake.
1/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
12 ounces cream cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup cottage cheese
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkle chocolate wafer crumbs in the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process cream cheese, sugar, cottage cheese, unsweetened baking cocoa, flour, amaretto liqueur, vanilla, salt and egg.
- Fold in semisweet chocolate chips.
- Slowly pour over the crumbs in the springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for 65 to 70 minutes. Cool, cover, then chill for 8 hours.
Makes 10 servings.