A cheesecake for the chocolate lover—chocolate cheesecake in a chocolate wafer crumb crust.
8 1/2 ounces chocolate wafer crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cream, whipped
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a blender or food processor, grind chocolate wafer crumbs until fine. Combine with melted butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, and nutmeg; mix well. Press evenly over the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill.
- In a mixer bowl, combine eggs and 1 cup sugar. Beat at high speed until very thick and light. Add softened cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Melt semisweet chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over hot water. Cool. Blend into the cream cheese mixture with vanilla, salt, and sour cream.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 1 hour, or just until firm.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Remove from the pan.
- Whip cream with powdered sugar until stiff. Spread over the cheesecake.
Makes 12 servings.