Chocolate Fantasy Cheesecake
A fantasy of a chocolate cheesecake—complete with a chocolate wafer crumb crust—come true.
1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 envelopes (1/4 ounce each) unflavored gelatin
2/3 cup sugar - divided use
2 cups milk
2 large eggs, separated
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
2 cups cream-style small curd cottage cheese
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Sweetened whipped cream for garnish (optional)
Grated chocolate for garnish (optional)
- For Crust: Mix crumbs and butter thoroughly. Press evenly over bottom of buttered 9-inch springform pan.
- For Filling: Mix gelatin and 1/3 cup of the sugar in saucepan. Beat in milk and egg yolks. Cook, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves. Stir in chocolate until melted. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Blend cottage cheese in blender until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Add 1/3 cup sugar gradually until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture along with whipped cream and cottage cheese.
- Pour into prepared pan. Chill until firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.