Chocolate Marbled Cheesecake
A cheesecake that looks as good as it tastes, with swirls of luscious chocolate in a creamy filling nestled in a crumb crust made with chocolate cream-filled cookies.
8 ounces (about 18) chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 (8-ounce) packages Wisconsin Cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 large eggs
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces and melted
Optional Whipped Cream Accompaniment:
1 cup whipping cream
Sugar to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: In a food processor, process cookies into fine crumbs. Add butter and process 30 seconds. Press crumb mixture into bottom of 9-inch springform pan; refrigerate.
- For Filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sour cream and flour, then with mixer on low, add sweetened condensed milk. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Remove one cup of cream cheese filling and pour remaining filling into chilled crust.
- Add melted chocolate to cup of filling; mix thoroughly.
- Drop chocolate mixture by spoonfuls on top of filling. Swirl a knife through batter to distribute chocolate and create marbled appearance.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until top is puffed, golden near edges and center moves slightly when pan is moved. Turn off oven and allow cheesecake to cool in oven with door ajar. When cool, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For Optional Whipped Cream Accompaniment: In a chilled metal or glass bowl, whip cream 2 to 3 minutes or until stiff peaks form, adding sugar to taste.
- Remove sides of cheesecake pan and place cheesecake on a serving plate. Using a pastry bag, pipe a frill of whipped cream around base of cheesecake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.