Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Dollops of chocolate and raspberry jam are baked into this elegant cheesecake with a vanilla wafer crumb crust and a chocolate ganache topping.
1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup raspberry jam
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips - divided use
1/4 cup heavy cream
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine 24 ounces softened cream cheese and sugar, mixing with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in sour cream and vanilla; pour over the crust.
- Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips and combine with remaining 8 ounces cream cheese; mixing until well blended. Add raspberry jam; mix well. Drop the chocolate mixture by tablespoonful over the plain cream cheese batter; do not swirl.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Loosen the cake from the rim of the pan; cool before removing from the pan.
- Combine remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and heavy cream over low heat, stirring until smooth. Spread over the cheesecake. Chill.
Makes 12 servings.