Chocolate Velvet Cheesecake
Velvety textured, Amaretto-flavored chocolate cheesecake.
1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
1/2 cup chopped pecans
5 tablespoons granulated sugar - divided use
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
2 cups sour cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs, chopped pecans, 3 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 10 minutes.
- Combine softened cream cheese and brown sugar; mixing at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in melted semisweet chocolate chips and amaretto liqueur; pour over the crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 35 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and remaining sugar; carefully spread over the cheesecake. Return to the oven and bake at 425°F (220°C) for 10 minutes.
- Loosen the cake from the rim of the pan; cool before removing from the pan. Chill.
Makes 12 servings.