Citrus Liqueur Cheesecake
Infused with an orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier, this cheesecake makes the perfect dessert for special occasions.
1/2 cup butter
2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs
5 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon finely grated orange or lemon peel
5 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup orange flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- Preheat oven to 475°F (245°C). Butter bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- For Crust: Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add cookie crumbs and mix until thoroughly combined. Press mixture onto bottom and 1-inch up sides of prepared pan. Refrigerate until needed.
- For Filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour and orange peel. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs and yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in cream and liqueur until well combined.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 200°F (40°C) and bake 1 1/2 hours or until set. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven with the door ajar, for 30 minutes. Finish cooling cheesecake on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled (6 to 8 hours).
- To serve, run a sharp knife around the edge to loosen. Remove pan and cut into wedges.
Makes 12 servings.