Cocoa-Nut Meringue Cheesecake
This simple chocolate cheesecake is uniquely flavored with a cocoa drink mix, has a coconut-pecan crust and a marshmallow meringue topping.
1 (7-ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
3/4 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons instant cocoa drink mix
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs, separated
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- Combine flaked coconut, 1/4 cup chopped pecans, and melted butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, instant cocoa, water, and vanilla; mixing with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Blend in egg yolks and pour mixture over the crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes.
- Loosen the cake from the rim of the pan, cool before removing from the pan.
- Beat egg whites and salt until foamy; gradually add marshmallow creme beating until stiff peaks form.
- Sprinkle remaining chopped pecans over the cheesecake to within 1/2-inch of the outer edge.
- Spread the marshmallow creme mixture over the top of the cheesecake; sealing to the edge.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 15 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Makes 12 servings.