Coconut Choco Cheesecake
Chocolate and coconut cheesecake in a graham cracker crust with a brandied sour cream topping.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
5 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted - divided use
2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking cocoa
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 large eggs
1 1/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons brandy
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 tablespoons melted butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10 minutes.
- Melt unsweetened baking cocoa and 2 tablespoons butter over low heat; stirring until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine softened cream cheese, 1 1/4 cup sugar, and salt; mixing at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in the chocolate mixture and flaked coconut; pour over the crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and brandy; spread evenly over the cheesecake.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for 5 minutes. Loosen the cake from the rim of the pan; cool before removing from the pan. Chill.
Makes 12 servings.