Cranberry Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake
This special cheesecake is a treat with a festive flair. You'll enjoy the combination of flavors, a perfect addition to a holiday dessert table. Devon Delaney of Princeton, NJ, submitted this recipe.
1 tablespoon NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
2 tablespoons butter
4 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened and cut up
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup OCEAN SPRAY® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
1/2 cup OCEAN SPRAY® Cranberry Juice Cocktail
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease 9-inch pie plate; coat with cocoa powder.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups morsels and butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over lowest possible heat. When morsels begin to melt, remove from heat; stir. Return to heat for a few seconds at a time, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed about 3 minutes or until creamy. Add 1/2 cup sugar, cream cheese and melted chocolate mixture; beat until smooth. Stir in flour and salt until combined. Spread batter into prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine cranberries, cranberry juice and 1/4 cup sugar in small saucepan. Cook and stir until bubbly. Cook for about 5 minutes more or until all berries have popped. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Heat remaining morsels, 1/3 cup whipping cream and corn syrup in another saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Spread cranberry sauce over brownies. Drizzle chocolate mixture over cranberry sauce. Refrigerate until set. Cover; refrigerate up to 24 hours. Cut into wedges; top each serving with whipped cream.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 600 Calories from Fat: 330 Total Fat: 37 g Saturated Fat: 22 g Cholesterol: 180 mg Sodium: 230 mg Carbohydrates: 62 g Dietary Fiber: 3 g Sugars: 50 g Protein: 9 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.