Classic flavors—lemon-scented cheesecake in a graham cracker crust with a sour cream topping.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- For Crust: Combine crumbs and sugar; add butter. Mix until butter is thoroughly combined with crumbs; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- For Filling: Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well-blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in juice; pour over crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 1 hour.
- For Topping: Combine sour cream, lemon peel and sugar; carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake 5 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Chill before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.