Double Chocolate Cheesecake
A splendid marbled cheesecake with swirls of chocolate and chocolate chips in a cocoa-infused pastry crust.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, extended the ends over the edges of the pan.
- For Crust: In a large mixing bowl beat butter, sugar and salt with an electric mixer until combined.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour with cocoa. Fold into creamed mixture; mix well. Press into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- For Filling: In a small bowl beat softened cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Divide in half and set aside.
- Sprinkle one-half of the chocolate chips on top of the dough in the pan, pressing into dough.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining chips until creamy. Pour chocolate into half of the cream cheese mixture; blend until smooth. Pour chocolate cheese mixture over crust then pour plain cream mixture over chocolate mixture. Using a spatula gently swirl creating a marbled effect.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the center is set. Remove from oven. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Remove from pan and pull down foil to cool completely.
Makes 9 servings.