Double Chocolate Cheesecake
with Raspberry Sauce
Chocolate and white chocolate team up in this heavenly cheesecake topped with an easy raspberry sauce.
1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs
1 (10-ounce) package (2 cups) white chocolate chips, melted
1 cup chocolate fudge ice cream topping, warmed
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- For Crust: Stir together all crust ingredients in small bowl. Press on bottom of 10-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
- For Filling: Combine 1 cup sugar and cream cheese in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (3 to 4 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (1 to 2 minutes). Stir in melted white chocolate chips. (Mixture may look lumpy.)
- Pour half of cream cheese mixture into prepared crust. Spoon 1/2 cup chocolate fudge topping over cream cheese mixture in crust; swirl with knife. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Spoon remaining chocolate fudge topping over cream cheese mixture; swirl with knife. Bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until just set 2-inches from edge of pan.
- Turn off oven; with oven door open at least 4-inches, let cheesecake stand in oven at least 30 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven. Loosen sides of cheesecake from pan by running knife around inside of pan. Cool completely. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- For Sauce: Press raspberries through strainer; discard seeds. (Strain raspberries again, if seeds still remain.) Stir together strained raspberries and cornstarch with wire whisk in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil (4 to 8 minutes). Boil, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened (2 minutes). Remove from heat. Cool 5 minutes; stir. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, spoon raspberry sauce over each slice of cheesecake. Store refrigerated.
Makes 12 servings.