A cottage cheese-cheesecake flavored with citrus peel, cinnamon, cardamon and ginger in a buttery, bread crumb crust.
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup cottage cheese, pressed through a sieve
1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- Combine softened butter with the bread crumbs; press into bottom of springform to form crust; set aside.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a small mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat eggs, brown sugar and sugar until frothy. Add cinnamon, cardamom, orange peel, lemon peel and ginger.
- Stir in the cottage cheese and blend well. Stir in melted butter, then add the reserved flour mixture; mixing well. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
Makes 10 servings.