Go ahead and indulge! These mini fruit-topped cheesecakes are made with low-fat and reduced calorie ingredients.
8 gingersnap cookies
12-ounces light Neufchatel or light cream cheese, softened, cut up
2 extra-large egg whites or 1/4 cup egg substitute
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
Fruit toppings: Peaches, bananas, grape halves, assorted berries, cherries, etc.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line 8-cup muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- Place one cookie in the bottom of each cup.
- In a blender or food processor bowl (or electric mixer), place cheese, egg whites, sugar and extract. Cover and blend until mixture is smooth. Spoon into muffin pan (cups will be nearly full).
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cool, then cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, top with desired toppings.
- Create a cheesecake rainbow by topping each cake with a different fruit topping.
Makes 8 servings.
Tip: Recipe can be halved to make 4, doubled to make 16 or tripled to make 24.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe, cheesecake only): Fat 11 grams; Calories 180; Saturated 6 grams; Protein 6 grams; Unsaturated 5 grams; Carbohydrates 16 grams; Cholesterol 35 mg.
Recipe provided courtesy of Chino Valley Ranchers.