A holiday-festive cheesecake flavored with hazelnut liqueur and studded with chopped toasted hazelnuts in a graham cracker crust.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 cup hazelnut-flavored liqueur
1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Crust: Add butter to combined crumbs and sugar; mix well. Press onto bottom of buttered 9-inch springform pan. Wrap outside of pan with aluminum foil.
- For Filling: Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well-blended.
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in liqueur and nuts; pour over crust.
- Place springform pan in larger pan with at least 1-inch sides; fill with 1/2-inch very hot water.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 1 hour.
- For Topping: Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over cheesecake. Allow to cool at room temperature; chill before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.