Heavenly Strawberry Cheesecake
A vanilla and lemon-flavored ricotta and yogurt cheesecake in a graham cracker crust.
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
4 large eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups sliced strawberries for garnish (optional)
- For Crust: In a bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Pat into a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- For Filling: In a blender, combine ricotta cheese, yogurt, sugar, flour, and lemon juice. Cover and blend until smooth; set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Slowly add the ricotta cheese mixture, eggs, and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture; beating on low speed until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C); for 1 hour, or until the center is nearly set.
- Cool for 30 minutes, remove the sides of the pan, then cool completely.
- Chill for 4 to 6 hours.
- Before serving, top with sliced strawberries, if desired, before serving.
Makes 12 servings.