Ice Cream Ambrosia
An orange and coconut ambrosia sauce served over vanilla ice cream.
3 to 4 oranges
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 to 3 pints vanilla ice cream
- Grate enough orange rind to make 1 teaspoon.
- Peel and section oranges, reserving any juice.
- Lightly toss orange sections, coconut, orange rind and juice; chill.
- Scoop ice cream ahead of serving time and place on serving plates; hold in freezer.
- To serve, spoon ambrosia mixture over ice cream.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.