Kahlua Fantasy Chocolate Cheesecake
Decadently rich, chocolate and Kahlua cheesecake in a chocolate wafer crumb crust.
1 1/3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
2 tablespoons butter
2 large eggs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
Sweetened Whipped Cream: (optional)
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- For Crust: In a bowl combine chocolate wafer crumbs, melted butter and 1 tablespoon sugar. Pat into bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For Filling: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt semisweet chocolate chips with coffee liqueur and 2 tablespoons butter; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, 1/3 cup sugar, and salt. Add cream cheese; blend well. Gradually blend in the chocolate mixture. Turn into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Then refrigerate for 3 hours.
- For Sweetened Whipped Cream: Whip cream and powdered sugar to stiff peaks. Garnish individual servings of cheesecake with whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.