This light and luscious lemon cheesecake excels in both flavor and texture.
2 cups (16 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
Juice and grated rind of 1 small lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, beat the cheeses until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Pour into a lightly buttered 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for one hour.
- Cool completely before removing the rim and serving.
- Serve garnished with fruit yogurt or fresh fruit, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.