Loretta's Creamy Pretzel Torte
Sure to become a favorite 'go-to' dessert for its ease in preparation, its make-ahead benefits and its great taste.
2 cups finely crushed pretzel sticks (9 ounce package)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups whipping cream, whipped
2 (21-ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- Combine pretzel crumbs, butter and sugar. Press 3/4 of the mixture into a 9x13-inch pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Spread half of cream cheese mixture over cooled pretzel layer.
- Spread cherry pie filling evenly over cheese layer.
- Spread remaining half of cream cheese mixture over cherries.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 of pretzel crumb mixture on top just before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.