Low-Fat Berry Marble Cheesecake
Swirls of nonfat sour cream and raspberry preserves sit atop this luscious lowfat cheesecake.
1/3 cup crushed graham crackers (about 5 squares)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 (8-ounce) packages nonfat cream cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (optional)
1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product (thawed)*
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
1/4 cup seedless red raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- For Crust: Stir together crushed graham crackers and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Sprinkle onto bottom and 1-inch up sides of a well-greased 8 or 9-inch springform pan. Set pan aside.
- For Filling: Combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla, and, if desired, lemon peel in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add the refrigerated or thawed egg product all at once, beating on low speed just until combined (Do Not Overbeat). Stir in milk.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes for an 8-inch pan or 35 to 40 minutes for a 9-inch pan, or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen crust from sides of pan with a thin-bladed knife or narrow spatula and cool 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan; cool 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- For Topping: Top with nonfat sour cream and spoon on seedless red raspberry preserves; swirl with a spoon.
Makes 12 servings.
*2 fresh eggs may be substituted for the egg product, however the use of fresh eggs is not calculated in the nutritional analysis.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): calories: 164, total fat: 0g, saturated fat: 0g, cholesterol: 9mg, sodium: 41mg, carbohydrate: 30g, fiber: 0g, protein: 10g, vitamin A: 1%, vitamin C: 1%, calcium: 22%, iron: 2%.
Recipe provided by Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com a member of the Home and Family Network for the best of cooking, gardening, decorating and more. © Copyright 2003 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.