For the perfect ending to a Mexican-themed meal, try this tequila-spiked lemon-lime cheesecake in a buttery pretzel crust.
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/4 cups finely crushed pretzels
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
4 large eggs
1/3 cup tequila
1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- For Crust: In small mixing bowl, combine butter, pretzels and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake until golden, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- For Filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar, cornstarch and lemon extract.
- Add eggs to sugar mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in tequila, 1 teaspoon lime peel and vanilla. Pour into crust and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Increase oven heat to 425°F (220°C).
- For Topping: In a medium mixing bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, lime juice and lime peel. Carefully spread over cooled pie. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before refrigerating for 2 hours. Serve chilled.
Makes 12 servings.