Decadently rich, chocolate and coffee-flavored cheesecake in a chocolate crumb crust.
1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
2 (1-ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup red raspberries
- For Crust: Combine chocolate wafer crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Butter the sides and bottom of an 8-inch springform pan and press the crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of the pan.
- For Filling: In a double boiler, melt semisweet baking chocolate over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until smooth.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until soft and smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, to the cream cheese. Gradually add sugar, mixing until well blended.
- Add the melted chocolate, instant coffee powder, and salt to the cream cheese mixture. Stir until blended. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) in the center of the oven for about 40 minutes, or until cake center is almost set.
- Cool at room temperature for about 45 minutes. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the sides of the pan and garnish with red raspberries.
Makes 10 servings.