Northwest Cheesecake Supreme
Rich and creamy vanilla cheesecake with a graham cracker crust and cherry topping.
Crust: 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- For Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 10 minutes.
- For Filling: Combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and flour; mixing at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add 4 eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in sour cream and vanilla; pour over the crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450°F (230°C) for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 250°F (120°C) and continue baking for 1 hour.
- Loosen the cake from the rim and cool before removing. Chill.
- Top with cherry pie filling just before serving.
Makes 12 servings.