Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Creamy vanilla ice cream squished between two homemade oatmeal raisin cookies is a sweet treat your whole family will love.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick or old fashioned oats
1 cup raisins
Softened ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Cookies: In large bowl, beat together butter and sugars with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add to butter mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
- To make sandwiches, spread softened ice cream on bottom side of one cookie; top with second cookie. Wrap airtight; freeze.
Makes 2 dozen ice cream sandwiches.