Orange and Rice Cream Mold
For a healthier choice in desserts for your family, treat them to this creamy mandarin orange and rice mold.
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange segments
3 cups cooked rice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar
Grated peel and juice of 1 orange
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (2 1/8-ounce) package whipped topping mix, prepared
- Drain orange segments; set segments aside.
- Add enough milk to juice to make 3 cups. Combine with rice, salt and sugar. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peel, juice and vanilla.
- Spoon into 6 cup ring mold. Chill.
- Unmold onto serving plate. Spoon whipped topping into center of ring. Circle mold with orange segments. Arrange additional orange segments, banana slices and chocolate pieces on top of ring mold.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.