Orange Ladyfinger Dessert
A luscious, low-fat orange gelatin dessert that tastes as yummy as it looks.
1 (0.25-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups Florida Orange Juice
2 (8-ounce) cartons vanilla low-fat yogurt
1 (3-ounce) package ladyfingers, split
- In a small saucepan combine gelatin and sugar. Stir in orange juice. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Chill about 45 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Add yogurt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly foamy.
- Wrap foil around outside bottom of 8-inch springform pan to keep filling from leaking through.
- Cut ladyfingers in half crosswise. Cover bottom of pan with ladyfinger pieces. Place remaining ladyfinger pieces, cut ends down, around sides of pan.
- Spoon gelatin mixture into pan. Cover; chill four hours or until firm. Remove sides of pan.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Florida Department of Citrus.