Pineapple Cherry Cheesecake
Festive and easy, no-bake pineapple and maraschino cherry cheesecake.
1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 (16-ounce) crushed pineapple (packed in its own juice), drained
2 (0.25-ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
3 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light cream or half-and-half
1 (16-ounce) carton small curd cottage cheese
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
Pineapple slices for garnish (optional)
Maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
- For Crust: In a mixing bowl combine crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and butter until well-blended. Press onto bottom and sides (about 2 inches high) of a 9 inch springform pan. Chill while preparing filling.
- For Filling: Drain pineapple, reserving liquid. Soften gelatin in pineapple juice.
- In heavy saucepan combine egg yolks, sugar and salt. Gradually stir in cream. Cook over medium heat until mixture coats a metal spoon. Remove from heat. Stir in softened gelatin.
- Whip cottage cheese in blender or beat on high speed of mixer until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Add lemon peel, juice and chopped cherries to cottage cheese; fold into egg mixture. Turn into prepared pan. Chill until firm.
- Garnish cheesecake with pineapple slices and maraschino cherries, if desired.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.