A vanilla pecan cheesecake in a graham cracker crust, garnished with pecan halves and glazed with pure maple syrup.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
Glaze and Garnish:
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/3 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Raise oven temperature to 450°F (230°C).
- For Filling: In a bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, and flour; mixing at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in vanilla and stir in finely chopped pecans.
- Pour over the crust then bake at 450°F (230°C) for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 250°F (120°C) and continue baking an additional 30 minutes.
- Loosen the cake from rim of the pan; cool before removing from the pan. Chill.
- For Glaze and Garnish: Brush with maple syrup and top with pecan halves.
Makes 12 servings.