Premier White Lemony Cheesecake
Lemon and white chocolate combine for an elegant and luscious dessert. Try this in the springtime to rave reviews.
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 large egg yolk
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 (6-ounce).boxes NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Baking Bars, broken into pieces
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large egg whites
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 9-inch springform pan.
- For Crust: Beat butter and sugar in small mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg yolk, flour and salt. Press mixture onto bottom and 1-inch up side of prepared pan.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until crust is set.
- For Cheesecake: Microwave baking bars and cream in medium, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Beat cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon peel and salt in large mixer bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in melted baking bars. Beat in egg whites and whole egg. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until edge is lightly browned. Loosen and remove side of pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate until firm. Garnish as desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.