Rum Raisin Cheesecake
A fabulous, holiday-festive rum raisin cheesecake in a nut-oat crust with a nutty-oat-raisin crumble topping.
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup nuts, chopped - divided use
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons rum
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped nuts
2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Combine oats, nuts, brown sugar and melted butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- For Filling: In a bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and flour; mixing at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in sour cream and rum; mix well. Pour over the crust.
- For Topping: In a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar and cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in raisins, remaining chopped nuts, and oats. Sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Loosen the cake from rim of the pan; cool before removing from the pan.
Makes 12 servings.