Salted Caramel-Kissed Cheesecake
For those who love sweet and salty flavors, this delectable dessert offers the perfect combination of both in a sweet cheesecake with salted caramel.
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1 (3.5 ounces) WONKA Exceptionals Chocolate Waterfall Bar - divided use
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Salted Caramel Sauce:
1/3 cup water
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- For Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan or 9- to 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake for 5 minutes. Finely chop half of chocolate bar and sprinkle evenly over crust. Set aside remaining half of chocolate bar for chocolate curl garnish.
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is almost set and edges just begin to crack. Remove from oven and quickly put together topping.
- For Topping: Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract in medium bowl; mix well. Spoon topping over cheesecake, starting with the edges first and working inward toward the center. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- For Salted Caramel Sauce: Combine water and sugar in medium saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat and boil, without stirring, until syrup is deep amber in color (occasionally brush down sides of pan with wet pastry brush and swirl pan). This should take about 8 to10 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add whipping cream and salt (mixture will bubble vigorously). Whisk until smooth, then pour into serving pitcher; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To Serve: Gently run knife around inside of springform pan to loosen cheesecake. Remove side of springform pan. With vegetable peeler, shred remaining chocolate bar half around perimeter of cheesecake. Cut cheesecake into 16 wedges. Drizzle bottom of dessert plates with a little caramel sauce; top with piece of cheesecake. Drizzle with additional sauce.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 350 Calories from Fat: 200 Total Fat: 23 g Saturated Fat: 14 g Cholesterol: 90 mg Sodium: 180 mg Carbohydrates: 34 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 31 g Protein: 4 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.