Sensational S'More Torte
This first prize-winning rich chocolate cake is layered with graham crackers, melted chocolate and mini marshmallows. Created by Linda Bibbo of Chagrin Falls, OH.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2/3 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
1 (3.5-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 cup cold milk
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
4 cups miniature marshmallows - divided use
16 whole graham crackers
10 fudge-covered graham crackers or 5 squares chocolate graham crackers
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line bottom of two 8-inch-square cake pans with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking cocoa, baking soda and salt in large mixer bowl. Beat in sour cream, butter, eggs and vanilla extract until just moistened. Beat on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until light in color. Spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For Filling: Combine morsels in microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 Minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Combine pudding mix and milk in large mixer bowl. Beat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Beat in cream cheese. Fold in whipped topping. Fold in 3 cups marshmallows.
- Slice each cake layer in half horizontally. Place two layers, side-by-side, cut-side-down on large serving platter. Spread 1/2 the melted chocolate over the cake layers. Lightly press half the graham crackers into melted chocolate, cutting crackers to fit. Spread 1/2 the filling over graham crackers. Repeat with remaining cake layers, melted chocolate, graham crackers and filling, covering tops only, not sides of cake.
- Coarsely chop chocolate covered graham crackers. Sprinkle over top of torte. Sprinkle with remaining marshmallows. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 640 Calories from Fat: 290 Total Fat: 32 g Saturated Fat: 20 g Cholesterol: 75 mg Sodium: 590 mg Carbohydrates: 84 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 56 g Protein: 7 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.