Snappy Apple Cheesecake
Chock-full of flavorful apples and cinnamon in a gingersnap crumb crust, this creamy cheesecake is perfect for fall and wintertime entertaining.
2 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs
1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar - divided use
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon - divided use
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 (12-ounce) packages frozen STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples - divided use
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted - divided use
- Combine gingersnap crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and butter; press into bottom and 1 1/2-inches up sides of a 9 x 3-inch springform pan. Chill.
- Thaw 1 package of escalloped apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electic mixer until smooth; add remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar, beating until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in thawed apples, vanilla, and 1/2 cup pecans; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake cheesecake at 350°F (175°C) for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Turn oven off, and partially open door. Leave cheesecake in oven 1 hour. Remove from oven, and place on a wire rack to cool. Cover and chill overnight.
- Prepare remaining package of apples according to package directions. Remove cover from apples carefully. Spread over cheesecake, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.