Stone Fruit Sorbet
Recipe courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.
5 cups fresh California peaches, plums or nectarines, diced
1 cup frozen fruit juice concentrate
1 cup granulated sugar
- Combine diced fruit and fruit concentrate in a blender or food processor. Whirl until smooth. Add sugar; whirl. Stir in any other ingredients as directed in the selected variation (below).
- Freeze in ice cream maker, following machine instructions. To make sorbet extra smooth, allow sorbet to stand out of the freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
- Use peaches and undiluted frozen berry concentrate.
- Use nectarines and orange or mango-orange juice concentrate, plus 4 teaspoons of chopped candied ginger.
- Use plums and cranberry or cranberry-raspberry juice concentrate, plus an additional 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- Use nectarines and guava or pineapple-guava-orange juice concentrate, plus 1 1/2 teaspoon of grated lime peel.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.