Strawberry Bombe Chantilly
An elegant strawberry bombe with a creamy vanilla ice cream center with sliced strawberries.
2 (16-ounce) packages frozen whole California strawberries
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur
1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
Garnish: whole frozen strawberries (optional)
- Thaw slightly 6 cup (about 1 1/2 packages) berries, slice.
- In blender whirl sliced berries, sugar and orange liqueur at high speed until smooth. Pour into shallow pan; freeze until almost firm.
- Spoon into 2-quart melon mold, spreading evenly over bottom and up sides to line mold. Return to freezer.
- Meanwhile, thaw slightly remaining 2 cups berries; slice in half. Fold halved berries into softened vanilla ice cream; pack into center of mold. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Unmold and pipe whipped cream in lattice pattern over bombe. Refreeze.
- Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving time and garnish with whole frozen strawberries, if desired. Slice and serve.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of California Strawberry Commission. ©2003 California Strawberry Commission. All rights reserved. Used with permission.