Strawberry Pineapple Parfait
Pineapple-pecan cream and strawberries in strawberry gelatin are layered alternately in parfait glasses.
1 (16-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 (3-ounce) package strawberry-flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
8 to 10 ice cubes
1 1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine pineapple, pecans, sour cream and sugar. Set aside.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add ice cubes and stir constantly until gelatin begins to thicken, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove any unmelted ice. Fold in strawberries.
- Spoon half the gelatin mixture into 5 or 6 parfait glasses. Chill parfaits 10 minutes.
- Add layer of pineapple-sour cream mixture. Repeat procedure ending with gelatin layer.
- Chill until set, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chopped pecans.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.