Three fruits and a total of five ingredients inspired this catchy recipe title.
3 cups granulated sugar
3 cups water
1 cup fresh orange juice
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
3 ripe banana, mashed
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Combine sugar syrup, juices, and banana in a mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended.
- Pour mixture into a 13x9x2-inch dish. Cover and freeze until almost firm, about 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into a chilled bowl; beat just until smooth. Return mixture to dish; cover and freeze until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 2 quarts.