White Chocolate & Blackberry Parfait
Luscious, elegant white chocolate mousse is layered alternately with blackberry sauce in parfait glasses.
1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
9 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sour cream
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
Additional blackberries for garnish
- For Blackberry Sauce: Combine 1 cup blackberries, sugar and water in medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil until mixture is reduced by half, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Cool.
- For Mousse: Combine white chocolate and 1/4 cup water in top of double boiler set over simmering water. Stir until white chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove top of double boiler from over water; cool 10 minutes.
- Stir sour cream and lemon juice in large bowl to blend. Stir in melted chocolate mixture.
- Beat cream in another large bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Cover and chill until mousse is set, about 2 hours.
- Spoon half of mousse into 4 wineglasses, dividing equally. Spoon half of blackberry sauce over. Spoon remaining mousse over sauce, dividing equally. Drizzle remaining sauce over. Garnish parfaits with additional blackberries and serve.
Makes 4 servings.