White Chocolate Cheesecake
An extraordinary white chocolate cheesecake with a cocoa-infused zwieback crumb crust and a creamy chocolate topping spiked with cacao-de-cacao.
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup zwieback crumbs (about 12 crackers)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 (8-ounce) plus 1 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
5 ounces white chocolate, melted
2 large eggs
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons white cacao-de-cacao
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 squares (1 ounce each) squares semi-sweet chocolate, melted
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 teaspoons white cacao-de-cacao
- For Crust: Combine crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, and cocoa; add melted butter and mix well.
- Coat sides of buttered 9-inch springform pan with 3 tablespoons crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of pan. Chill.
- For Filling: Combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and flour, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well-blended. Blend in white chocolate. Add eggs and yolk, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in the 2 tablespoons white cacao-de-cacao and vanilla; pour over crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 50 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- For Topping: Combine chocolate, sour cream, and 2 teaspoons cacao-de-cacao; mix well. Spread over cheesecake. Chill.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.