Baked Mango Custard
No unmolding is necessary for this simple dessert. Just serve in the custard cup with a dollop of whipped topping.
2 ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
4 large eggs
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mango slices
1 cup whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Process mangoes in a food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside 1cup.
- Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until frothy; add Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, beating until blended. Gradually add cream or evaporated milk,1 cup mango purée and vanilla, beating at low speed until blended.
- Pour custard mixture into 8 (6-ounce) custard cups. Set custard cups in a roasting pan; add hot water to a depth of 1-inch.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove custard cups from water.
- Serve custards at room temperature or chilled with mango slices and a dollop of whipped topping.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 120 | Calories from Fat 45 | Fat 5.0g (sat 3.0g) | Cholesterol 105mg | Sodium 40mg | Carbohydrates 16g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 14g | Protein 4g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.