Blueberry Corn Muffins
It takes no time to whip up a batch of these tasty muffins for your family or friends.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup egg substitute
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray or line muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- Blend dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Blend butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg substitute slowly. Scrape sides and continue to mix until butter forms small lumps. Add vanilla and buttermilk. Mix well. Add dry ingredients in three batches. Mix well and scrape the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Fold blueberries gently into batter. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups, filling cups to the top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
Makes 10 muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 muffin): Calories 210 | Calories from Fat 90 | Fat 10g (sat 6g) | Cholesterol 25mg | Sodium 280mg | Carbohydrates 26g | Fiber 2g | Sugars 2g | Protein 5g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.