Blueberry Peach Muffins
Sweet, buttery and delicious, these fruity muffins are sure to be a family favorite.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons low-fat peach yogurt
2/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
2 large eggs
1 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries*
1/3 cup canned dice peaches, well drained**
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place paper baking cups in muffin pans.
- Combine flour, baking powder and soda; set aside.
- Combine milk and yogurt; set aside.
- Beat eggs and Splenda® Granulated Sweetener at high speed with an electric mixer about 5 minutes. Add melted butter and vanilla; beat at medium speed until blended, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in blueberries and peaches. Spoon into prepared muffin pans, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire rack.
Makes 10 muffins.
*Smaller blueberries are better.
**1/3 cup diced fresh or frozen peaches may be substituted.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe; 1 muffin): Calories 220 | Calories from Fat 100 | Fat 11g (sat 6g) | Cholesterol 70mg | Sodium 250mg | Carbohydrates 25g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 5g | Protein 5g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.