Cheery Cherry Muffins
Look for a surprise in the center of each cherry studded muffin.
1/2 pound fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 large egg
2 cups self-rising flour, sifted
1 cup nonfat milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Lightly spray liners with vegetable cooking spray.
- Set aside 12 cherries. Chop remaining cherries. Place cherries on a paper towel to drain.
- Beat margarine and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, beating well. Add egg beating until blended.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Do not over beat. Stir in chopped cherries.
- Spoon one tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Place a cherry in the center of each cup. Top with remaining batter, filling muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake 25 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
Makes 12 muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 muffin): Calories 150 | Calories from Fat 50 | Fat 6g (sat 1.5g) | Cholesterol 20mg | Sodium 340mg | Carbohydrates 21g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 5g | Protein 4.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.